One of my most favorite/horrifying/eye opening moments while teaching high school comes from the time the class was making chocolate chip cookies. One particular student checked her groups’ cookies and said (with a very concerned tone) “Ms. Wright, our cookies don’t look right. They’re fluffy and light brown.” It was at this moment that I realized a lot of my students had only seen flat, pale, and sad cookies. So sad.
A great chocolate chip cookie recipe is a necessity. If you have never experienced a fluffy, delicious, crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, golden brown cookie you are missing out.
Say goodbye to sad and flat cookies today with this recipe!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2½ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 lb Butter (do not use margarine)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- 6 Cups Flour
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 6 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Cream together sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.